Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pink

I found pink to be a hard color, I think because I don't particularly like it. I don't like hot pink, and I don't like soft pink generally. There have been a few pink & chocolate brown things that I think look nice, but again, not generally my color.

Anyway, here's what I've got...

My favorite new discovery -- No Pudge Brownie mix. I think it tastes great, and I undercook them slightly (as I do with anything I bake), which makes them even more moist. The best part is that I can make a single serving at a time, or two servings at a time, or the whole pan. Whatever I please. Since I have trouble monitoring my portions, the single serving option has been a blessing. If you haven't tried them -- and like brownies -- try it. All you have to do is add no-fat vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt with a dash of vanilla extract) and cook. The single serving you microwave for 1 minute (or, in my case, 45-50 seconds).



Pretty pink flowers that our neighbor potted.





A marketing banner for Prospect Park bandshell. It has GREAT summer activities and concerts. You can pay a minimal price to be near the bandshell, or just listen from nearby. The summer we went to Italy, Prince played!



Pink flowers at the farmer's market today. It should be no surprise to any of you that these flowers were still there at the end of the day. They need some TLC.



Marketing banner for Rose Month at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. "where plants come to life."



Okay, so there is no visible pink in this picture of he meadow at Prospect Park. But on our family walk in the park today (after we had sandwiches for lunch and before we went to Blue Marble Ice Cream and checked out NY Explorers -- which had an AWESOME space for kids!), Deuce, Derek, Kai and I saw at least 23 men wearing pink or pink striped shirts in the park. We saw a woman riding a pink bike, a couple hot pink purses, and I saw a lady who annoyed me for some reason, but she did absolutely nothing to me, wearing pink tennis shoes. There was lots of pink, especially on the men. I felt bad snapping shots of random strangers, especially because aside from the pink, none were really note worthy, so I just took a general shot of the meadow.

No comments: