Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mostly Mindless List

A (mostly) mindless, somewhat interesting list that came my way via email. Rather than delete it, I'll answer the questions!

1. What is the silliest prank you ever played on someone? Oh, April's Fool Day, 1994. I was home from college for a visit - not sure why. I woke up early on a Saturday morning and went to a liquor store where you could purchase lottery tickets. The drawing was the night before, and you could ask for a printout of the winning numbers. The ticket looks very very very similar to a real ticket except for a disclaimer at the bottom. I went home with the ticket, woke one of my little brothers, and asked him to show me where the lottery numbers were listed in the newspaper. Annoyed with me that I woke him up for this, I decided to be more of a pest and have him compare the numbers for me on "the ticket that I bought last night." He did. With each number, he started getting more excited and he actually hyper-ventilated adn called me dad (who was working) and i think tears were in his eyes because I won! I won! It was hilarious. I did not think of this prank alone - I think my dad thought of it, too. I never would have known about the winning numbers printout on my own.

2. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000? Nordstrom, for the diversity of stuff I could get there. Sadly, it wouldn't take me long to spend it. A couple hours, if that.

3. If money were not an object, what would you do with your life? Be a photographer who travels the world, have lots of kids and rescue lots of animals and somehow earn the right to walk the red carpet one day.

4. Which celebrity would you most like to meet in person? Right now, Kate Winslet. Although Jon Stewart and Jimmy Kimmel usually top my list.

5. Which author would you most like to meet in person? John Grogan of "Marley and Me" fame.

6. What is the weirdest thing you will ever admit to having done in the past? I love to dip french fries in milkshakes. On a business trip with a partner at the law firm I used to work at (just me and the partner), I did this with him without shame. I like to think that is why he liked me so much and didn't want me to leave the firm.

7. What song best describes you when you first wake up in the morning? Is there a song that says something like i don't want to get out of bed because I love the peaceful sound of mornings, and my dogs sleeping, and the comfort of being in my bed with cool air surrouding me. And i know, I just know, that the resst of the day won't be so peaceful..... There is some song like "I don't want to move..." but it is at the tip of my mind and I can't think of it.

8. What place in the US would you most like to visit? Why? Right now I am thinking Idaho, in a cabin on the lake. Because it sounds peaceful and I heard it is beautiful.

9. What place outside of the US would you most like to visit? Why? So many places, hard to narrow to just one. Tanzania - because Mieke told me about the safari she went on there and it just sounded like something I would love soooooooo much.

10. Coke or Pepsi? Coke.

11. Is your calendar always on the correct month (or day, if it is a day calendar)? I don't even have a hard calendar. My Outlook calendar does all the work for me.

12. Desk: messy or organized? Organized comparied to those around me. Messier than I would like it to be.

13. Pet ownership – which is better? Dog or Cat? I've always had dogs.....but we want to add a cat to the family, too. Nothing feels better than giving an animal in need of a home a good home - cat or dog. Or coming in the door and having either a dog or a cat be sooooo happy to see you.

14. What is your favorite television show, and what is the last TV show you watched? Grey's Anatomy. With lots of close seconds - How I Met Your Mother, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Reba (yes, Reba!), Without a Trace. Last night I watched Friday Night Lights then a PBS/Channel 13 special on Annie Liebovitz. It was great.

15. Are you always early or terminally late? Always always always early.

16. American Idol fan? If so, then – Elliott, Katharine, or Taylor? Relunctant fan. I kind of like all three of these equally - depending on what they sing.

17. What is your favorite book you read as a child? I remember loving Stuart Little. And all the Judy Blume books.

18. What talent would your friends be surprised to hear you have? I have so many talents...and I endlessly acknowledge them, so my friends would not be surprised at any of them:) Or, to be honest, I have so few that none are surprising:) Surprising talent of my husband's - he is an amazing artist! He can draw like a pro.....

19. Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life (pick for various stages if you like)? Kate Winslet now. Susan Surandon when I am older.

20. What is your all time favorite (clean) joke? I can't think of a real "joke" that I have heard, though many make me laugh. But just about any joke out of Jon Stewart's mouth makes me laugh (and are typically "clean").

21. Last movie you saw: Notes on a Scandal. Don't see it. Doesn't deserve the acclaim it is getting.

22. And the last movie before that one: "Sweet Home Alabama" -- being aired on tv over the weekend.

23. Last book you read: I am reading Half of a Yellow Sun. Excellent. Last book that I finished -- What is the What by Dave Eggers. Excellent.

24. And the last book before that one: Adventures of Biscuit - to my nephew:) Excellent!:)

25. What is the name of your autobiography? Hartbeats:) Hey, I actually wrote part of one in college! That was the name, and I still like it.

26. What is your most charming characteristic? That I am down to earth, or my self-deprecating humor.

27. What characteristic do you wish you naturally had? A quick, intelligent wit.

28. What would your closest friend be surprised to hear about you? That I live in fear that one day everyone is going to figure out that I am not that smart. Or maybe not, since I think I have told all my closest friends this before.

29. What do you consider your best physical feature? My eyes. Although, I have been told a surprising number of times that I have a great smile - so now I see my smile in a whole new light. I love it:)

30. What phyisical characteristic do you wish you naturally had? A tiny waist. But I wouldn't trade those features I do have just for that one (or, at least I tell myself I wouldn't!).

31. Can you say that you have a friend whose name begins with each letter of the alphabet? Wow, I had to think this one through. I definitely have current acquaintences, if not friends, that cover the entire alphabet. Over the course of my life, I have had friends whose names begin with everything except the letter X and Y. Oh wait, I take that back. Only missing X - had a good friend in college whose name started with Y. And though I don't keep in touch with the entire alphabet, I'd be thrilled to see any of them today (except the letter Q, who I never should have befriended to begin with).

No comments: