Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Friends

One of my oldest friends, and certainly one of my dearest friends, Agatha, has said how nice it was to read my blog and said how she felt she could "hear my voice" saying certain things while she read it. Oh, I loved hearing that. Maybe she just said that b/c I listed her as my most fun friend to go out with, but I still loved it nonetheless. Mostly b/c I miss her sooooooo much and I wish we could talk to each other more often, if not actually see each other more often.

So I am thinking of her, and many of my friends, instead of getting started on my freaking "to do" list at work. I am thinking of how I met, and how our friendships grew, and it makes me so nostalgic and warm hearted and happy. When I first met Agatha we were 13 or 14, and I didn't like her at all. Although I was probably intimidated by her, I of course wasn't self aware enough to know that then. And our friendship has changed and moved and grown. It is so perfect and so easy. And it cracks me up when I think of the first few months I knew her and how our friendship grew....

Then I was also thinking of my friend Dave. I didn't like him when we first met (I was a senior in HS and he a freshmen in college) and he certainly didn't like me. Sure enough, we quickly became such close friends and the type of friends that will be life long. That cracks me up too. I love telling people how Dave - by his own admission - hated me when he first met me. I guess I don't always make a good impression! Dave is also the person who has given me the most backhanded compliment ever in my life..."Nikki, I have never found you REMOTELY attractive, ....but you look very good." I know what he meant when he said it....that on that particular night, I looked pretty and he had no agenda for saying that, but it was hilarious.

Most of my other friends I have liked right away, at least in some capacity. That makes Agatha and Dave even more special to me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Agatha said - it's nice reading your blog and re-connecting! I'm glad you tracked me down. :)