Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Chicken Fajitas and Friends and Seven Jeans

So Mieke and Jeremy arrived from Morocco last night. It was soooooo good to see them both! We just hung out, ordered Thai, and caught up not just on their world travels, but life....I love having them with us. It is like having family - there is no pre-tense, no production, just hanging out.

Tonight they are cooking Derek and I some chicken fajitas. I so wish I could go home right now and enjoy the dinner earlier rather than later. But, it is my company "holiday party" tonight. Luckily, I just have to make a quick appearance and don't have to stay. Not that it wouldn't be fun...but it wouldn't be that fun. It is just for employees, no family, no spouses. So you can imagine how the story goes. Some chit chat that inevitably leads to work. We are here for more than 8 hours a day already, so one can only talk about work so much. But in any event, then I get to go home and hang out and have chicken fajitas with friends. What could be better? I'd prefer to actually work out before such a good meal, but I guess the holiday season doesn't always allow that. And I wasn't willing to get myself out of bed any earlier than I had to this morning....

On another note, my Seven Jeans are fading. They are almost to the point of no-return. I bought them in May 2003, and estimate that I have worn them at least 800 times. So, despite my panic attack at how much I was paying for them at the time, this gives me an incredible per-wear cost. Honestly, when I say that I have worn them 800 times, I underestimate. I LOVE this jeans, and they still look so good on me. The little hole that appeared in the inside portion of the top of my right leg is growing and, I think, I can't hide it anymore. Before, you could only see it if i sat cross-legged and there are not honestly many times that occurs outside my house.....But as holes tend to do, it has grown, and now I think it is visible from the back. I searched for a patch to sew in from the inside - not b/c I can't buy other jeans, but b/c i love THESE ones. I did in fact buy some Joe's jeans, but they have disappointed me. I won't get 800 wears out of them - not b/c they won't last, but b/c i don't enjoy them as much. They lose their shape, the stretch, they aren't as versatile (dress way up, or dress down), they are too long. With my Seven jeans, each time i put them on they fit the occasion. Ah, i must fix these ones to make them last a little longer......Since I can't find patches on my own, this means I have to ask Derek to take them to the drycleaner for an emergency fix (and get it done in one day before I leave for Christmas). Then after the New Year i can spend the time looking for their replacement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister, who splurges on clothes waaaaay more than I do (the product of having 1 child versus 3) swears by Seven jeans, and insists I should get a pair. I have decided that when I get down to my ultimate goal weight (which amazingly is only 8 pounds away at this point - I have never been so close!) I will splurge and buy a pair. That will be my wedding weight, and I look hot at that weight if I do say so myself! lol And this time it will be because of healthy eating habits, not due to very unhealthy methods involving puking and laxatives and other lovely methods of female weight torture.

And boo on the company party that doesn't include spouses. I hate that.