Friday, September 15, 2006

I love Grey's

Like a large percentage of the U.S. population, I love Grey's Anatomy. I absolutely love it. Two hours of repeats on Thursday nights, combined with an hour repeat on Sundays, aren't enough. Even though I am so excited for the new season to start (next week!), I am not sure how one hour a week is going to satisfy me. I want to live with these people day in and day out (even the ones I don't like). As my husband says, "that's a problem." Or, "You [meaning me] have a problem."

A friend of mine thinks that the character development of George and Izzie are key to the continued success of the show. I'd have to throw Alex in there. I love him. People cringe in disgust when I say that - "he's such an a**" is a common response. But he's not "such an a**" all the time. In fact, most episodes feature at least one endearing scene involving him. And even when he is perceived at a jerk, it is sometimes b/c of his hard-to-swallow honesty. I just love him. I'd take him over George any day of the week. And in "real life" I am generally not attracted to bad guys. My husband is one of the nicest guys to walk the face of the earth. During each phase of my life (high school, college, after college, law school), I was very attracted for long periods of time to very very nice guys. I dated one or two jerks, yes, but my heart was always pulled to nice guys. So it is not the "bad boy" complex some people have that draws me to the character of Alex.

My husband really likes Izzie - he thinks she is a "smoker." I'd have to say, Addison has grown on me. Neither of us get Meredith, except there have been moments where I felt like "Oh, yes, that is why everyone loves Meredith." And then I even feel a bit envious (of a TV character, yes. There in lies the problem my husband talks about). And needless to say, her chemistry with Dr. Shepherd is....enviable:)

This post explains why one hour is just not going to be enough!

No comments: