Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things To Be Happy About....

Some things that make me happy, despite being up at 3:09am with heartburn (which feels like death, not just heartburn) and a mind that won't calm down from work....

1. Agatha's blog.
2. Deuce playing with his toys more and more lately
3. Derek rubbing my feet for the past 2 nights
4. Getting to see my sister this weekend. And my nephews. And my mom. But mostly my sister
5. My obstetrician, who I love
6. The majority of my co-workers, who I really like
7. Our neighbors in 2A, who make me laugh every time we talk
8. Ice cream. I really have to give it up, but I love it.
9. Lauren, my sister and my mom, who have done a lot they didn't have to do to put a party together for me and Derek
10. My second Division Championship Weekend Lunch win in 3 years over Brad and Jon. You have to bet big to win big, men.
11. Thoughts of going to Mexico next April with my sister, Agatha (yes, you are coming), Lauren and other fun females who need a break. For my sister's sake. I promised her I would put it together. Once she's given me a chance to look good again.
12. My ability to joke with Derek. And crack myself up. If I posted the jokes here, they wouldn't be funny, but whenever I say them to my husband, I crack both of us up.
13. The fact that it is now 3:15 and I think I might be able to fall asleep. Soon.
14. Imagining ways to get out of a meeting tomorrow night...or I mean tonight. Now that I am up thinking of it, there is no turning back. I am coming home tonight sans meeting.
15. Derek's new gig at "MonQi" -- a new spin and workout studio in the city. The owner also owns a studio in the Hamptons, where she has "guest instructors." So elite;)
16. Listening to Deucey dream (he is "barking" and running right now).
17. Having deleted 7,000 emails (yes, 7,000) from my work inbox today/tonight. I really wish I could just delete the remaining 245...but thinking of them doesn't make me happy, so...onto other thoughts.
18. Old pictures. Some of them crack me up. All of them make me happy.
19. The new rug in the baby's room. Chenille...so soft.
20. Imagining being a mom.
21. It is 3:21. I am on number 21. I think I can try to sleep. The TUMS are making my heartburn feel a little better, if that is possible.

1 comment:

agatha said...

Yeah for Nikki...and of course I will go to Mexico...you can count me in! I love reading your blog...keep posting and I need to see some new belly photos...your getting so close! xo - agatha