Monday, December 03, 2007

Is It Really December?

November flew by. Which is both a bad and a good thing. I am still grieving from the loss of my old puppy, but the moments of uncontrollable tears are fewer. But the ache in the heart of missing someone you love so much is still there. I suppose that doesn't go away, or at least I am not expecting it too.

November was filled with a visit from my mom, our third baby gift from her and my dad (a Micralite Toro stroller -- the first was a baby bather, the second a Baby Bjorn, both from close friends), a trip down to DC to introduce Deuce to our friends' newly adopted dog, Blue (they had a great time on this playdate we traveled 250 miles for!), my husband becoming vegetarian after successfully eating a 20-ounce hamburger in DC (getting his picture on the wall, embarrassing), lots of work, a really really really bad cold, my gestational diabetes test and a 24-hour urine test (please tell me, who said pee-ing into the jug for 24 hours was easy????), birthday parties for a couple friends, hanging out with neighbors watching college football, finding out some close friends' home is on the market as they prep for their move to Canada (they warned me, but I am still selfishly devastated), and finding out where my sister and friends Mike & Lauren are planning the "baby shower" (aka, party) for Derek and I. We knew it was in the works because I knew the date and was helping some family get reservations at the B&B close to our home. But they wouldn't tell me where it was at. But know I know, Union Hall (check out www.unionhallny.com), which I had suspected. And I really appreciate all they have done since I know I am in a pain in the ass with these things. I really didn't want a baby shower ("I am not the kind of girl to sit around opening gifts with other girls"), and really resisted ("Besides, I have more male friends than female friends"), and was adament that they didn't have to do anything ("Honestly, I'll be too hard to please."). But they know me well and seemed to have planned the perfect get together. Both Derek and I are really excited for it. With cocktails and mocktails and appetizers and bocci ball and the first guest to RSVP was my friend who has a major gambling addiction and bypassed Vegas for the party:) What a gift. Something to look forward to after Christmas.

Meanwhile, we get a visit from my dearest friend Agatha this weekend:) YEAH! And her husband and baby girl. And I am hoping the cold gets a little less cold so they can enjoy the trip from sunny SoCal. I can't wait to see them:)

I thought had some pictures to upload....but now none seem too appropriate or good. I did get my favorite picture of Butter (or one of them) on a CD and enlarged, so because I still miss him terribly, here is a picture of my Butter. Oh, and another, of him and my nephew. And one of Baby Boy -- who at 26 weeks is measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Which is consistent with how large my stomach feels.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to see an update from you! Sounds like life is busy and good, although the loss of Butter must weigh so heavily. My big blob o' love (Dharma the goldendoodle) is so omnipresent in our lives even with 3 kids and a crazy busy schedule, and she is an adored part of the family after only 1 year - so I can empthaize with how empty it must seem without Butter around. :(

Sounds like your shower will be perfect for you! I always felt uncomfortable at my showers - yeah, I'm not really into the "everyone sit around and watch me open presents and ooh and aah". I had a really great shower thrown for me by my friends for Lucy, but my family showers for Bailey and then for Lucy (I didn't find out what gender I was having with both boys, and didn't have a shower for Sam since he was the second, but then when I found out I was having a girl with Lucy, everyone went crazy!) were so awkward for me. But it sounds like yours will be perfect!

Tracy said...

Great pictures of Butter! The pain gets a little easier to endure with time. But it does take time.

Your ultrasound picture is adorable. I can make out his little face. I had forgotten you were pregnant. Congratulations. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy and birth.