Sunday, May 06, 2007

This Week's Playlist

1. Better Man - James Morrison
2. Pieces Don't Fit Anymore - James Morrison
3. The Last Goodbye - James Morrison
4. 1000 Miles Away - Jewel
5. Lose Control - Eminem
6. Stay With You - John Legend
7. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
8. Three Babies - Sinead O'Connor
9. Feel So Different - Sinead O'Connor

James Morrison is currently touring with John Mayer, and I am kicking myself for not having gotten tickets earlier. There is a show I could go to on 7/26, but I could basically just get in the stadium, no great seats. Which would probably be fine, but now I am feeling indulgent and wish that 1) it was at a small venue, and 2) I was front you. I absolutely love love love his music, in particular the three songs listed above.

The best part about "Better Man." I had downloaded it into our library, but didn't mention it too much to Derek. He listened to it while I was at work, and decided he wanted to end his spin classes with it this week (as the cool down song). I thought it was sweet. Maybe he just likes the music and the guy's voice (because it is pretty fricking incredible). But maybe, just maybe, he can relate to the words of the song because it is how he feels about me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I don't know James Morrison (I can hear you gasping in disbelief). I'll head to Itunes and check him out. Love love love 3 babies by Sinead O'Connor...although I would choose "Stretched on your grave" instead of "Feel so Different" for another song by her. :)

Nikki said...

I would actually choose "Black Boys on Mopeds" over "Feel So Different," but I was in a "Feel So Different" phase this evening:)

Nikki said...

Actually, I love the entire Sinead album:)