Friday, February 01, 2008

Photos....

I've had a day....I feel huge, it was raining and I couldn't walk fast enough not to get soaked, Deuce puked on our jute rug in our bedroom last night, my office is 95 degrees and by the end of each day my shirt (and tank top, which I usually have on also) is damp with sweat, the Thai food we had for dinner wasn't that good, Derek had off all day but didn't do anything in the house (which normally doesn't stress me out, but I am pregnant, and annoyed). I can't do the things that I would normally do when I feel all out of sorts (ie, go on a run). And I can't stop eating Snickers ice cream bars.

DESPITE all of this, I am sharing some pictures that contribute to the fact that I feel Huge. I am not begging for compliments (or maybe I am, but am in denial, who cares). But I think I am just being honest:) Nevertheless, the pictures also warm my heart and make me smile because I'm lucky enough to have family and friends (whether in the pics or not) who inevitable make every day a special occasion, and every special occasion a lot of fun!

Some pics from the party thrown for me and Derek by my sister Billi, Lauren & Mike, and my parents. Also some pictures from my shower at work -- which was just the kind of scene I don't exactly feel myself at -- but was really nice nevertheless. The nicest surprise was that Derek re-arranged his schedule to be there, too.


Me and Billi

Hollis and Neesha

My mom, Derek and sister

Mike, Jon, and Manny

Roxanne, Casey, Lauren

Socializing

Me, Neesha, Hollis...Brad, Angela, Sarah, Josh in background

Bocci Ball Courts...two of the our party guests got pulled onto a league!

Ann Marie and James

Me and Derek

Headed to dinner

Chatting with Stephen and Kristi

Dave and Casey

Work Party (in conference room aka sauna)

Everyone's favorite book

Energy is a little different at 3:45 on a busy workday than 3:45 on a Saturday at a bar

Opening Tiffany's Dinosaur China

The China

Derek's grand entrance

The camera took too long to snap my award winning smile.
<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh fun!

Thanks for posting pics - and can I say that Casey looks FANTASTIC? Better than 10 years ago (or more...uh, yikes) in college. I have seen pics of Roxanne and Dave since college and of course they look great - but that was the first time I've seen Casey in forever.

Good times, those H2OYAS days.

And speaking of looking great, you DO look great. Glowing. Happy. Big Buddha belly, which you are SUPPOSED TO HAVE when you are gearing up to deliver a human being.

Can't wait to "meet" the little one.

agatha said...

Yeah, thanks Nik for posting some pictures. Both parties look fab! I am sorry that we had to miss out, but we will be there soon after the little man arrives so we can meet him! Love you, it will get worse and then it will be all better, promise...xoxox -ag